Anyway to dumb-down trees so they don't look so real?

zowie123

In addition to checking the 3D warehouse try the bonus library titled "Image CAD Blocks" or better yet maybe..."3D Plants".  You can also do a quick search of CAD trees and I'd venture to guess you'll find a bunch of online sources. 

I'm thinking the 3D Plants bonus catalog might be your best bet.  In VECTOR VIEWS they look nicely generic and "sketchy" and work for both plan and elevation views...worth a look anyway.  If the face counts start to cause you problems you can always create a CAD Detail from View and just steal (cut and paste) the 2D CAD for any given view(s).

See images. What I do for the dog walker is to take an image into Photoshop and cut out what I don't want to see to create transparency. I did the same thing with one of the trees from the bonus library. It was a bit time consuming to cut out the holes in the center of the tree but it really only took a few minutes. I could create a fair library of these in 45 minutes. I just use a basic 2d plant and replace the image with my own.

post-170-0-13659300-1465440447_thumb.jpg

post-170-0-88940400-1465440503_thumb.jpg

post-170-0-44341100-1465440588_thumb.jpg