X8 Section View dimensions

steve_stuart

Go to solution Solved by steve_stuart,

Michael, I just have the Extended toolbar configuration with some addition tools I use a lot pulled in. No Autocad experience but I am pretty linear in my thinking...(my wife might describe it somewhat differently).

Graeme, I will attach the plan but haven't done that on here in forever and don't have time for a search on how to do it. Can anyone give me a quick review on how to get it done? Thanks

Sorry Steve, Unable to reproduce on my machine. Maybe Joe will remember soon or check with Tech Support. Quite an interesting situation. Also looks like your signature needs updating for X8.

post-4797-0-11033000-1465321866_thumb.jpg

post-4797-0-23610700-1465324160_thumb.jpg

Steve, 

We have seen this in the past, I think in X7 but are not aware of any issues currently in X8. 

Previously certain changes to render settings would cause this on certain machines. I have not been able to reproduce the issue on any of our test machines when making the those changes in X8.

Could you either post or contact support with the following information:

In Edit>Preferences send screenshots of the Render panel and the Video Card Status panel.

This information should help us troubleshoot this further.

Thanks.

Brien, I just checked out the video card status in preferences and it shows up as the onboard Intel card. I spoke with someone in support last week and they talked me through how to switch to the Nvidia card but I can't recall the process. My understanding was that I would only need to change this one time but obviously something happened to kick me back to the Intel default. Can you let me know how to switch this back to the Nvidia card, hopefully this will alleviate the problem. Thanks

Hi Steve, Thanks for the signature update. Your .bmp file shows the Preferences "Appearance" panel (DBX) You are likely correct about the onboard video card but I was going to compare your render settings with mine just in case, but I can't. Also if you are posting, .bmp files work but .jpg files are a little more functional if you have the choice to do that.

Not sure what software you are running but this may help get you switched over to your Nvidia card. https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht078706

Sorry, here is the render panel. I went to the Nvidia panel and changed the video card for X8 three times, hitting apply button every time, but the change won't stick. I have to add the X8 program to the list every time as well, this also doesn't stick. I tried to call customer support but they are in a training meeting, no luck there. Does anyone know how to make this video card change from within Chief. I had someone from support talk me through it last week but foolishly didn't make any notes about how it was done and can't remember now. Any help would be appreciated.

post-147-0-96838600-1465403133_thumb.jpg

Everything looks ok in your Preference render panel but you could try adjusting "Hardware Edge Smoothing" as that is specific to your video card.

While you are waiting for tech support to call back there is some info Here: https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/8877-x8-locking-up/page-2?hl=+disable +video +card

No definite solution for everyone but lots of background info and possible solutions. See posts #25,#30,#31 and all the rest if you have time.

Steve, That happened to me.  In my case, the on-board graphics card in the HP laptop was being used by CA, not the Nvidia card.  When I switched to the Nvidia card, everything was fine.  I think I did that by accessing the Nvidia control panel and checking use for Chief Architect.  Been a while - hope this helps.

Doug

• Solution

So after working with Chief Support and our own IT department I was able to determine that I in fact did not have the latest driver for my Nvidia card. There was a release of a driver update on Tuesday of this week; I had checked the driver status on Monday. The card I am using is the GeForce GT 525M, the latest driver version should be 368.39. If you are using this card the update is out there if you want it. Thanks again for all the help.