Attic Walls Not Generating

wjmdes

Go to solution Solved by wjmdes,

Auto rebuild walls and ceilings setting in 3D Preferences might be off. It may be that there is no corresponding structural wall beneath the missing attic walls in which case you will have to manually draw those missing walls in yourself. I have not looked at your plan, I will do so now.

DJP

Your attic walls are in place but did not fill, fully the gaps of the attic for some reason (unknown). You can click on the existing wall poly-lines of those attic walls and using their edit handles, reshape them to fit your needs in any camera view, probably the best camera to use is an elevation camera for exact editing.

DJP

The attic walls you see in plan were drawn by me.  After reopening the file, it thinks they are attic walls and notifies me as such when I try to delete yet do not show in elevation or 3D.  Very strange.  I have done what you using the edit handles.

Not sure why suddenly the attic walls will not generate.  I have checked the defaults and set the walls to full gable.  When I manually draw them in, they are not cut by the roof plane.  Any ideas??  (X8)

Interesting,  if you select the side wall,  define as going thru ceiling,  you will get your wall,  albeit a ballooned framed wall....  which maybe not what you want.

But think about it , maybe you want the wall ballooned framed so it is not an issue.  If you do not want it ballooned....  I am not sure what your option is other that to build it yourself on the attic level.....  of course I would have a 3rd floor,  but that is another subject.

post-50-0-39665900-1465238973_thumb.png

That is very interesting because my section looks nothing like that.  It is an existing structure so is a non issue for me, although I tried for a while to get the program to generate 2X10's rather than I-Joist and it just generated shorter I-Joists even though I changed the setting to "Lumber"

The "balloon wall" makes the most sense as that is what it is and I was not even aware there was an option for that. That fixed the problem.  

post-4589-0-23303100-1465241142_thumb.jpg

That is very interesting because my section looks nothing like that.  It is an existing structure so is a non issue for me, although I tried for a while to get the program to generate 2X10's rather than I-Joist and it just generated shorter I-Joists even though I changed the setting to "Lumber"

The "balloon wall" makes the most sense as that is what it is and I was not even aware there was an option for that. That fixed the problem.  

That is weird.  I did redownload your plan and the section looked as you say.

However,  I did download your plan previously,  it is attached,  and I still get the weird section.

This is the kind of crap that bugs me.  Did I do something or is is CA misbehaving?  I do not know.

Hope fully you are good to go.

15-1071 Ridgewood Garage-2 wierd section.plan

That is weird.  I did redownload your plan and the section looked as you say.

However,  I did download your plan previously,  it is attached,  and I still get the weird section.

This is the kind of crap that bugs me.  Did I do something or is is CA misbehaving?  I do not know.

Hope fully you are good to go.

Never mind,  it might of been my problem,  I had defaulted you ceiling hts but failed to rebuild the framing.  I usually leave auto rebuild framing on.   My bad.