Wall Alignment - PITA

Joe_Carrick

I have a plan where every time I open it I get the message that walls do not align from floor to floor and the plan is automatically opened at floor 1 - regardless of how it was last saved.  The offending walls appear to be where there's an intentional offset of about 6".  The wall on Floor 1 is a Pony Wall condition which could be confusing Chief.

Is there any way to force Chief to ignore this offset?

It would be nice if we could set the tolerance -or- toggle the alignment message off -or- ?????

In this particular case the only reason for the Pony Wall is to cover the CMU foundation wall that is 48" tall.  Maybe the best solution would be to replace that furred out section with a "Railing Wall"

Definitely a bug here.  I don't think I've ever seen this message before and today opened a plan and got that message, and, as a bonus, all the text is wrapped and messed up as well.  For text: only thing I can think of is I worked on it on my laptop on a different screen size last time.  Once I open it up and refresh, the text goes back to normal, but still get the wall alignment message each time.  All I have is an attic floor.  I completely deleted the attic floor, and saved and reopened Chief, and still get that message even though there are only walls on the main floor.  No foundation plan yet. The attic is recreated, but since there is no roof yet, no walls are there. I even turned on 'all on' layer to verify.  Nothing there.  Something going on.  Can still work on the plan, but it is a nuisance.  Don't get that message on the previous drafts I have saved.  Just the latest one.  Weird.

post-71-0-80375200-1465321920_thumb.jpg

turn on the reference layer so that 2 levels are showing and you may spot where a wall ia out of alignment, it may be only a mm or 2 .I see you have a couple of thick walls it may be in that area.

It is easy to get that message if you are dragging walls around or just roughing out the second level. There is a wall alignment tool that will line each wall up when you click on it, line up with either above or below depending on the button.

Per my post, there are no other levels.  The attic level has no walls on it.  So there is nothing to align or misalign with.  Reference display shows blank since there are no walls on the other floors.  This is a single level house. No foundation yet.  No upper floor.  Only the attic floor.  see my previous post for more information.