Manual Bay Window

william_b

Hi guys,

I'm having problems with a manual bay window - it started using the auto bay window tool but I couldn't get it to work how I wanted, so I drew it in manually.

The issue I have now is that there are gaps at the junction of the bay window and the main wall (see attached). I'm using a thinner wall type for the bay window to allow the window sizes I want but as far as I can see, this isn't the source of the problem.

Anyone point a newbie in the right direction?

Bill

post-4038-0-38865800-1465225728_thumb.jpg

Click on the corner you want to edit and click the button circled on the toolbar, it will let you in a way treat the wall like an exploded CAD block and let you edit and pull each layer of the wall to your desired location.

post-9773-0-97779500-1465227277_thumb.png

Also might want to confirm that your foundation is building under those walls, it doesnt appear to be. your foundation should be showing under the brick on the pop out as it is showing around the bottom of the rest of the perimeter ext walls. I would say this might be the reason, since the sub flooring is not lining up with your perimeter wall floors.

Your posted image is from a vector view camera which by default shows line edges where walls connect (default behavior for that camera type), I do not consider anything is "wrong" but Chief just being Chief. You should also manually draw footings under the bay when you get time, it will look better when you do.

DJP