Raising the house relative to terrain elevations

mfmclelland

Go to solution Solved by mfmclelland,

I have been using Home Designer Pro for a little over a year and just last week made the plunge into CAP. I am working on my own house plans with an eye to getting back into home design business. I designed homes for years the old fashioned way with pencil and vellum and this has been a learning curve to say the least. But I am enjoying it and I am quite good with computers so it seems to be a good match.

I have set elevation points around the perimeter of my lot for my terrain and created a sloping terrain to represent the actual lot. I know I'll need to cut and fill areas (and I have seen there are videos for that process),  but I also want to raise the entire house up relative to the terrain so that I am not hauling off the entire lot. Is there a place I can set the top of the foundation relative to the terrain to raise up the entire house out of the ground. It seems like there should be but I can't find it. I am also having issues stepping the garage foundation down so that I can raise the basement up, relative to the garage. I was able to change the stem wall in the garage to drop the floor and garage doors down but I am thinking there has to be a more elegant way to do it. Can someone point me to a video that explains top of foundations etc.? I'm sure I'll be back with more questions as I go but I appreciate the forum, I have found answers to some of my questions here without having to ask them but I haven't found anything showing what I need for this. Thanks in advance!

Mark

post-12156-0-98544800-1465088506_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

You now set the terrain object to the house using the "Building Pad" input box, I usually set my terrain to the lowest point of the house which is usually the bottom of the garage door. After that you may want to further edit the terrain but setting it do the garage is usually the starting point.

DJP

Mark,

To change the whole house level in relation to the terrain, go Terrain...Terrain Specification...General panel...Building Pad.

Uncheck Automatic and play with the Subfloor Height Above Terrain setting.

Ps. DJP and I were posting at the same time and he just beat me to it.