Header Molding Separation Lines on top of Cabinets

simplylaura

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

Hard to tell, but from the looks of your screenshot you're not showing any moldings on the tops of those cabinets. I think what you're seeing is simply the cabinet module lines. Are you sure you set the numbers correctly? Maybe try posting the plan for a more accurate answer.

Hi, Here is a screen shot of how I added the base molding to create a header molding return look... 

Still think you should post the plan but based on that screenshot I'd venture to guess that your cabinets aren't exactly snapped together.  It works fine for me...

post-46-0-52077300-1465079420_thumb.png

• Solution

I believe they are snapped together.

Without the plan, its all guesses, but even in your screenshot the center cabinet appears to be further forward than the other 2. Try sliding it back to the wall and see if that fixes your problem.

Try setting the horizontal offset to "0" and see if they connect. If so then Chief is not seeing the molding as touching alomg the gables. If this works but you do not want the molding to extend over the box at the front the change the material thickness to 1/16", alternatively you could set the horizontal offset to 1/16" less than the material thickness.

Graham

Without the plan, its all guesses, but even in your screenshot the center cabinet appears to be further forward than the other 2. Try sliding it back to the wall and see if that fixes your problem.

I think Michael is right.