2nd Floor Hall Room Settings That Won't Stay Put!

BFogarty

Go to solution Solved by dshall,

Hi There,

Need help with a room where the settings just won't stay where I want them.  The floor continues to drop 4", I reset it (along with the floor covering, carpet matching the other rooms), but the damn thing keeps reverting and dropping.  The room dbx pic I posted shoud read "Ceiling B:" 193 1/4" and "Floor C:" 101 1/8"

I've had to reset this about 50 times, it really doesn't matter with the customer, it's more pissing me off at this point!

If you're feeling crazy.....the inside garage gable is missing a chunk out of it.  I continue to snap the roof plane and it cleans it up, but like the hall issue, it then returns.

Doing this on X7, I've downloaded X8 already, just haven't set it up for daily use yet.

Thanks!

post-472-0-51281300-1464992777_thumb.jpg

post-472-0-58361400-1464992751_thumb.jpg

post-472-0-34239700-1464992790_thumb.jpg

post-472-0-09691100-1464992803_thumb.jpg

240 Village Millis As-Built.plan

See if this help video helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWibFFtn9Ik

Once settings are set out of sequence, it will take a while for you actual settings to work. doing it right the first time is a key, once it is done out of sequence (Edit Default settings - Floor for each floor first) it takes awhile to smooth out the software.

DJP

Thanks for the link David.  Been a big fan of Dan for years.....just about learned everything I know from him!

That's why I don't understand this.  I set all my floors/ceilings/roofs before any interior work, so for this to change after that is confusing.  Not to mention this is just a box house.....would expect this to happen on something with a lot of changes in heights.

Try taking a back clip view of the troubled area. Then tile both elevation and plan so you can see what happens as you make changes. Don't know what's on the second floor but an invisible wall might be necessary to make the floors (room definitions) work right.Then go to the second floor and try making the adjustments for the first floor. Once doing that, you may need to change the second floor areas too to make it work. 

Tommy-  That's a good idea....I am away from the office today, but will try that when I get back. It reverts pretty quickly (to where I don't want it), so your idea should be helpful. Were you thinking of inserting the invisible walls?

Mark- That breezway has a cathedral ceiling, what were you setting it back to?

• Solution

Here is the answer.  Do not change in the ROOM SPEC BOX,  change it in the FLOOR 2 DEFAULTS.

Open plan,  go to second floor,  open FLOOR 2 DEFAULTS and change them to what you want them.  It should stick and all will be well.

You probably should of watched DJP's video.

post-50-0-39214100-1465060690_thumb.png

Tommy-  That's a good idea....I am away from the office today, but will try that when I get back. It reverts pretty quickly (to where I don't want it), so your idea should be helpful. Were you thinking of inserting the invisible walls?Mark- That breezway has a cathedral ceiling, what were you setting it back to?

I set to what it would be if it was not cathedral ceiling then u just need to uncheck ceiling over this room

I would listen to Scott.

Your floor defaults are only used in the hall.

All the other rooms are using a non floor default setting.

Change your floor defaults and then use Default for all the rooms.

I set to what it would be if it was not cathedral ceiling then u just need to uncheck ceiling over this room

Mark-  If I uncheck ceiling then I can't raise it up to clip it, or am I missing something else?

Here is the answer.  Do not change in the ROOM SPEC BOX,  change it in the FLOOR 2 DEFAULTS.

Open plan,  go to second floor,  open FLOOR 2 DEFAULTS and change them to what you want them.  It should stick and all will be well.

You probably should of watched DJP's video.

That did it.....Thx Scott!

Mark-  If I uncheck ceiling then I can't raise it up to clip it, or am I missing something else?

Do what I say and put in your own manual ceiling plain as chief is struggling with that raised up ceiling and for some reason you get that chunk missing in your gable this way you can move on even if it don't make sense