Corrupt Block, Crashes my application

buzzsaw204

hi,

it seem that i have corrupt user block, (block 130) that i cant access.

my application crashes when i click onto that block.

i cant access it to delete it, cant Right click to "Delete".

is there a method of deleting a User Catalog>block outside the application?

does the user blocks sit in some  Folder,  somewhere??

post-1340-0-83075500-1464887884_thumb.png

post-1340-0-65201400-1464887896_thumb.png

If it's in your user catalog then you or someone else created it, you can just right click on it, and delete it. It's not something in Chief's catalogs, if it was then you or someone changed it. Tip:, you really should name your blocks so you know what they are.

If it's in your user catalog then you or someone else created it, you can just right click on it, and delete it. It's not something in Chief's catalogs, if it was then you or someone changed it. Tip:, you really should name your blocks so you know what they are.

the problem is ....

the user block in User Catalog is corrupt.

it wont let me right click to bring up the "Reanme'\'Delete' menu.....just by clicking on it, it crashes...

Yes, i alway rename the block to a specific name after it's been created.

again, the block is corrupt....i cant right click to bring up the "Reanme'\'Delete' menu

You may have to delete the user catalog and re-install, it may be the only way to remove it.

Or… Instead of deleting and reinstalling the whole catalog, copy and paste everything except that one item from that folder to a new folder and then either delete the old folder or move it to the trash and then empty the trash.

A couple of thoughts...

- Always report crashes directly to Chief Architect Technical Support.  The CAD block may be corrupted but the program still should not crash.  You will need to send in your user catalog so that we can reproduce the problem.  Even better would be if you could let us know how you got into this state to begin with.

- I would try Michael's suggestion of copying everything that is not corrupt to a new library and then deleting the bad one.

- I would highly recommend that you make regular backups of your user library and anything else you don't want to ever have to recreate.

- I would highly recommend that you use better naming and organization in your user library.