Looking for screaming pc laptop for Buddy, need recommendations

dshall

So my Buddy bought his laptops 8 years ago,  I suggested he might want to upgrade to something a bit faster.    I am looking for recommendations that I can pass on to him.

He is looking for a PC laptop with a big screen that is faster than Usane Bolt and will run  CA,  any recommendations?  Thanks

Preferably something he can buy off the shelf.

Not many brick and mortar places around here stock gaming machines, maybe by you it's different.

They can be had pretty quickly on line though.

I'm partial to Clevo/Sagars. Got the latest one from XoticPC took about a week with a rush build. Got the first one from Sagar directly which took a little less time. The new one starts at just under $2k, I hit 3k.

New one is 17" but weighs the same as the old 15" at -8-1/2 lbs with battery. Desktop CPU, mobile processor. Can get a desktop processor but adds 3lbs.

Machine is upgradeable, no bloatware, actually have to add in an OS, highly configurable-the $2k base machine still rocks. Will run up to 3 screens and can do 4K from the USB-C. (maybe others but I'm not going there so don't care).The only issue I've run into- is the Nvidia control panel on mine doesn't have all the options I'm used to. Just sent question into tech about that.

Not that I really need it since there is NO Intel card to contend with. Doesn't look like a gamers machine-just black rubberized. Good cooling, have not had any throttle or heat issues. The new one is actually quiter than the old one.

IF I were buying it again I might be looking at different Clevo suppliers. (Clevo is the outfit that built the original Alienware laptops before Dell got hold of it)

There is an outfit that does BIOS updates (Prima?) and I'd be looking for a dealer that partners with them as supposedly makes upgrading easier. Partners listing

Good place for more info are the forums on Notebookreview.com

Might have more info than you want- lot of gamers and geeks.

Base model of my machine from Sagar

From XoticPC

There will be faster machines coming in the next 6 months-Nvidia Pascal GPU's and the new Intel CPUs (6-10 cores) will hit laptops sometime. They also have plenty of options a step or two down.

I use a 17" asus rog with a ssd hard drive. Great machine. Here is a newer version of what I am running.

ASUS ROG GL502VY-DS71 Intel i7 2.6GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD GTX980M 4GB 15.6-inch Full HD Gaming Laptop