I am sick and tired of of trying to guess if it is a my problem or CA's problem....

dshall

I am sick and tired of of  trying to guess if it is a my problem or CA's  problem....

just venting....  I am  getting very tired of this crap....  I  wish there was come consistency...  it is not only  one issue,  it is issue after issue....  I am just tired of this crap.

• Upvote 2

Ray,  I think the only person that can help me would be the Great Glenn Woodward, I am going to put a list together of all of the little peccadilloes that I deal with and run them by Glenn.  

Glenn,  let me know a good time that you would be available next weekend that we can do a GTM,  I don't care if it is 3 am my time,  whatever works for you.  And if anybody else wants to join in,  they will be welcome.

Scott sounds like a plan, let me know when it would be, if I am available I would like to jump in on that, Glenn is good you both are very helpful to members of this group and much appreciated of the time you guys take to help others

If this was easy to do, then everybody would be doing it.

DJP

I agree with that statement about "profession" in general.....but I think Chief doesn't need to be as challenging as it is sometimes.   I think the folks at Chief have done a great job on so many things - but its the basic 10% items that are just killing us.

Id love for x9 to be 90% clean-up of existing tools and processes.  X8 was a solid release, but we need more focus on fundamental tools/problems.

• Upvote 1

Scott,

I would like to sit in on that meeting with you if it is at a time I am available.

If not please record and post for all the rest of us.

Thanks for all the extra work you do to advance the software and teach all of us.

Chopsaw

Scott,

Sounds great, I will try and fit in with a time that suits, but I would prefer other than 3am! :)

I know you only need 2 hours sleep a nite, but I like my sleep.

It would be great to get together a list of all the little things that need a fix.

Sat and Sun afternoons are usually hard for me.

If this was easy to do, then everybody would be doing it.

DJP

But then we might be judged by how well we design rather than how well we are able to manipulate this or that particular piece of software.

Which is probably why so many successful architects and designers are still using 2D or in the case of one local architect, paper even.

Scott,

Sounds great, I will try and fit in with a time that suits, but I would prefer other than 3am! :)

I know you only need 2 hours sleep a nite, but I like my sleep.

It would be great to get together a list of all the little things that need a fix.

Sat and Sun afternoons are usually hard for me.

Glenn,   3AM was my time,  I was bowing down to your greatness ......  but how about next Wednesday May 8th at 4 pm my time which I think will be Thursday May 9th at 9AM OZ time... does that work for you?

I think the difference is competence. Competence means a willingness to study and practice to fully understand something. Study is  based upon the definition of symbols,words procedures and terms. A software program is a tool and it performs best in competent hands and minds. I am not saying anyone here or elsewhere is incompetent, but I am saying that the difference between power users and lessor mortals is hard work and a willingness to study and learn what one currently does not know.

I am the first to say that Chief Premier is less than perfect but a clever intent user always finds a way to success, while others whine and moan. We rightfully expect improving software but one should first start with the mug one sees in the mirror before placing blame elsewhere. Who is responsible for you and your outcomes other than yourself?

DJP

Scott,

Wed June 8 @ 4pm (your time) sounds good to me.

That is Thurs June 9 @ 9am my time - you got it correct!

Will you organise a GTM?

Thanks  Glenn.  Yes,  I will coordinate the  GTM....  and if there are any other Minions other than myself who would like to sit in,  they can send me their email at dscotthall@mac.com  and I will send them an invite.

I plan on having a list of peccadilloes that I am hoping Glenn can answer in about 3.23 seconds per question.  I hope this is rapid fire question and answer......  but it won't be,  it is never  that easy.

Attendees to date:

Glenn Woodward,  DSH, A.L. (The funniest man on this site),  The  Slab Man,   Chopsaw,  Ray "The  Fireman",  Rich  (the second funniest man on this site),  David Zawadzki,  Charles Volz,  Larry Hawes,  Tom Pehlke,  Richard Martin,  Adam Gibson,  Mo G.,  Charlie Rea,  Isaac Nelson, 

Scott - I agree with you 100%.  Chief amazes me so completely in certain areas, but others I want to throw my entire computer out the window.... its barely holding on to the status "tough but worth it".

Couldn't agree more......

For some reason I keep thinking way back to version 10. It didn't do everything the newer versions do, but it just seemed so much easier and quicker to accomplish what I needed to accomplish. I think maybe the program has just gotten to big for me. I probably only use a third of the capabilities, if that, but because of those capabilities and options it slows me down.

A quick comment,  this should be  great GTM.....  we are very lucky to have Glenn share his knowledge,  if you are interested,  send me an email at dscotthall@mac.com and I will include you as long as we have room.

I am hoping this will be a rapid fire Q&A.  I already have about a dozen questions for Glenn that I am hoping he will scoff at and then give me a quick answer.  For those of you that are attending,  make sure you have a list and we can pepper Glenn with more questions.

I am not looking to reinvent the wheel,  I just want to have alternate methods of solving issues that come up consistently.

For real world houses, it's only a 10+ year learning curve.  

I'm soon getting together with a friend who's extremely experienced on Revit to have a build-off of residential.  I doubt he can do most of what we do in 1/5th the time.  But I sure do love the way German's organize their user interface.

I'll let you, know what comes of it.

I'm inputting and developing 3 residential asbuilts today--all two story over 2k sf.  But I've been doing this for 13yrs.

I feel your pain.

Scott,

I didn't realise that you are putting me in the hotseat.

You probably know more than me about Chief's idiosyncracies than myself and most others.

I am happy to attend and help if I can and look forward to a round table discussion. :)

It would be great to have as many of the Chief hotshots attending as possible.