Roof not building correctly

gdesignbuild

I did a set of plans for a client and upon submittal they were told that the setbacks had changed since they purchased the property. I have been reworking the plans to reflect this. Something seems to have screwed up and the roof won't draw properly. It only auto-builds half the roof with shed roofs in parts. I know most people recommend to draw roofs manually, but for roofs that can be done with a couple of clicks, I don't mind using it. Manual drawing is my next step but I like to get to the bottom of problems. Wondering if anyone has any ideas on what the problem is. TIA

Edit: Also, there is a roof over the front porch. For some reason and I cannot select the roof plane on plan or orthographic views. I am not sure why this is.

MooreCraft Floor Plan Foster.plan

You have some of the walls called out to create those gables. See image. I am not sure why that roof plane is unselectable. That is strange but on rebuilding the roofs it goes away. Did you want that one to be a shed roof or continue the hip over that area?

post-170-0-24384500-1464535007_thumb.jpg

Also, you are creating a layerset every time you send a view to layout. Do  you like doing this? I like to work with my layout views having an associated layerset which is coming from the annotation set. If you are doing more than one set of plans in your lifetime it will be well worth your while to get a handle on what the annotation sets and proper use of the layer sets can offer you.

I would like the porch roof to be a shed roof returning to the gable wall. There is supposed to be gable walls on the front and back of the home. Mine seems to draw it funny when I do it. I have attached a picture of what mine brings up with an auto-build. Also, I will attach the original set to show what it is supposed to look like. When the building department said we had to change the size, I decided to edit this plan and perhaps something got messed up. I did some manual planes and that seems to work, and now that I got rid of the porch roof I can redraw that as well.

I would like to watch some of the videos about layer sets when I have the time. There are a lot of tutorials that I would like to check out but have not had the chance yet! :)

post-400-0-70619700-1464538203_thumb.jpg

Moore Craft Bungalow 3-Layout.pdf

I made a You Tube video of me fumbling around with your plan (https://youtu.be/F_IQNL86PQw ), If you make a copy of your plan as I did you will also need to reset default settings in the clone plan for it to fully emulate your original plan. You ask " why is my plan file corrupt?" it is a collection of wrong guesses as to settings, incomplete cycles of action and loose ends as well as unsound procedure in its creation that all contribute to an unusable-unstable result. I learned these lessons the hard way by making mistakes and losing hours of work until I amended my ways.

DJP

I double clicked on your front living room wall and under the roof tab you had the auto roof return extend 79".That's a little excessive and was most likely causing the result David was seeing in his video. That can easily be done manually. I turned off auto roof return for said wall and drew the roof plan in myself, then drug the attic wall over to fill the gap. See attach file and pic. It's margarita night at my house ;) I better get back to my drink now. Lol Have a great night! I would have made you a video but everyone calls me ma'am on the phone and it makes me a little self conscious. LMAO  :D

post-58-0-94082200-1464821004_thumb.jpg

MooreCraft Floor Plan Foster (RJD MOD).zip