Furniture pulled from library looks un-real

CBuserIndia

Started using CA-INTERIOR 5 months back. Quality of rendered 3d Image has improved. There is still scope of improvement.

One thing I have come to realise is - ready furniture /objects that I pull from library - specially  Chairs , lamps placed on table, other furniture like dining table - these tend to look unreal after rendering is done.

Lately in all my 3d rendered images, most item look good ( towards realistic ) but chairs.

So far for chair, I have used ones made of wood & with fabric - may be I need to try other material.

I also (desperately) thought of not using chairs & lamps inside CA at-all. Once image is rendered, I will edit image & overlap/past some realistic chair image with transparent background. However this will not work when I want to show same room from different angle.

You guys have any suggestion please.

Could you post some examples of your output so we can see if this is a model issue or a render issue. There is no doubt that some models are very basic but on the other hand the assigned materials, lighting and render method can have a significant impact also.

Graham

Thank you Graham , Gawdzira, Drawzilla

Hello Graham, I am attaching few rendered images below.

Gawdzira - can you please help me point me to video you are talking about.

Drawzilla, I agree, ray tracing is best way. As mentioned, earlier I am struggling with these ready objects which I am not designing, just pulling & placing in my rooms.

In attached image, Chair & Lamp look very un-realistic to me.

3.bmp

Looks like you are progressing well with your Raytracing given the time you have been working with this. Yes, there are some issues that if addressed would push this further along.

Lighting - there are some lighting issues here. The most obvious are the two table lamps and the bar type over the bed headboard. By any chance did you increase the height of those table lamps? There is an issue that when a light fixtures size is altered that the position of the light does not get adjusted. If you look at the light it is emmitting from the base and not the lamp shade. The light point can be adjusted in the fixtures DBX. The bar fixture light intensity should be reduced as it is creating a blown-out intense white spot.

Furniture - The desk chair looks to be out of proportion for one thing, looks to be too deep (seat to long). Suggest reducing this and maybe position it a bit further into the desk. I'm certain this chair could look a lot better with some material adjustments or by using some hidden (3D) lights to bring out the colours.

I have experimented with a number of library items and have found that under the right lighting conditions they can render out quite well. If the lighting conditions are not ideal then they can look really bad.

Just wondering how many passes and how long this ran for. Also, you should likely save your pics as JPG instead of BMP, this would reduce the file size to at least a quarter over the BMP.

Graham

• 4 weeks later...

Started using CA-INTERIOR 5 months back. Quality of rendered 3d Image has improved. There is still scope of improvement.

One thing I have come to realise is - ready furniture /objects that I pull from library - specially  Chairs , lamps placed on table, other furniture like dining table - these tend to look unreal after rendering is done.

Lately in all my 3d rendered images, most item look good ( towards realistic ) but chairs.

So far for chair, I have used ones made of wood & with fabric - may be I need to try other material.

I also (desperately) thought of not using chairs & lamps inside CA at-all. Once image is rendered, I will edit image & overlap/past some realistic chair image with transparent background. However this will not work when I want to show same room from different angle.

You guys have any suggestion please.

You can contact Amechef regarding furniture. We can assist you if you have any related query.