Island backs

Sticks2Stones

Good Day,

Brand new user to CA, so far so good.  We've only had it a week and after going down the Prokitchen nightmare and 2020 restarts it seems like we are finally in the right spot.  Really excited about what i've seen so far.

We do mostly kitchen designs with custom cabinetry.  

Started watching training videos.....and I'm having  trouble figuring out how to do island back panels.  Saw the one about redoing a base cabinet for a wainscot door panel back.

Questions:

1. is there a better way to do a wainscot door panel back?

2. How do I do a beaded panel back?

Im sure I'll have more questions as we go along but these are the 2 that have stumped me so far.

Thanks for any help

Todd

Sticks 2 Stones Cabinetry

Hi Todd,

THere are many ways to do things in Chief.  I think the best way, in general, is to use a cabinet and then split the

door panels vertically and adhusting the cabinet as necessary for height, depth, etc.  Not sure what was on the video

you watched.

THere are many door styles from many manufactureres to choose from.  The manufactireres catalogues can be

dowmloaded from Chiefs site if you are a up to date user.  Probably can't get them in you are using it for trial purposes.

• Upvote 1

Welcome, one 2020 refugee to another.

Mostly what Dennis said. I make door symbols specifically for this though, posted a door symbol kit in the symbol forum sometime ago. Keep a few wainscot panels in your user library, 2 panel, 3 panel, standard rails, wide rails...like that. As you make em (when I forget I just dig them up from old plans.

Beadboard, there are materials in the library that can be applied to panels or polyline solids but getting them to match your cabinets is a pain. Make a psolid then multiple copy. You can also turn that into a symbol.

You can work plines and solids in the plan you are working on but it is useful to open a new plan and save that. Then if you need it altered in the future it is there (and versions will be in the archives)

Attached a sample.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I've been through a few programs, and still keep my eye out but with a little interest now, higher bar to match, this ones a keeper :)

The learning curve is better than when I started in (X3) -X8 was a step forward in cabinets. Learning is still a bit more than the others (I've had an assistant training on it AND kitchen design AND ordering for a year now-threw him into the deep end :))  Plus it is FAR more stable and flexible than others and the company/support is simply no contest. Worth the effort.

My clients love it (it sells jobs and I don't do Ray Traces for first presentations EVER...only for some toward the end).

This forum is a gold mine, there's over a dozen or so folks here that have saved my bacon....I read it daily just to see what I may need to know later. I also keep a copy of the reference manual on my system and on my phone.

• Upvote 1