Uninstalling chief 8 on windowsXP computer

fgsltW39

This version will not uninstall. my system process goes all the way through execution  of the remove program and even tells me that it has been removed but when I go back to loot at the drive it is still there. Any suggestions.

After the fact, no actual suggestions. I have XP on my PC for antique software applications I still need to run. I have Windows 10 for modern applications that were designed to run on that platform. There is a free uninstall program offered by IOBIT called "Iobit Uninstaller" that does a more complete job of uninstalling applications (better than what is in the Control Panel).

Version 18 (X8) is designed to run in Windows 10, 8 and 7, it may work in Vista but I am not sure, it was never designed to run in Windows XP.

DJP

The built-in Windows uninstaller does not necessarily remove everything and it is common to find all kinds or files and folders left over. There are other third party uninstallers that do a much better and more thougouh job of cleaning things up. I use Revo Uninstaller most of the time as it has 3 levels to choose from as to the depth ofr removal.

Graham