Foundation Woes

SketchArchitect

Go to solution Solved by joey_martin,

Hi All,

I have made so many little adjustments to try to figure this out that I've lost count.  This project is all slab on grade... but code requires a 4' frost wall...  in the process of fiddling with floors, I have now created a band of framing below what was my regular floor,  And i have some rooms that are higher foundations than others when all the rooms are the same slab with the hall and back office that will be raised by framing a subfloor over the slab.

I'm stymied and I am late on revision submission.  any help with this mess is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Still Learning

Weiss Project.plan

To clarify:  I need all the floors to be the same slab so that, among other things, the elevations are the same...(no stair-stepping on the stem wall).  And I need the framing band that is now across the bottom of the garage to be gone...  Guidance to this end would be huge!  thank you.

• Solution
One very fast way is to define every room as a porch.  It will automatically give it a slab floor.

If I advised against this method any more strenuously I would pull something.

Gather yourself. Go to defaults and open the foundation default. Make sure all the defaults are correct, and turn AUTO FOUNDATIONS back on. If you have a lot of notes and things on the foundation plan, simply hold SHIFT and select everything (do this first)....now block it and CUT (cntl x). Once the foundation auto rebuilds, hit CNTL V and all your notes and things will be right back where you had them.

• Upvote 1

If I advised against this method any more strenuously I would pull something.

Gather yourself. Go to defaults and open the foundation default. Make sure all the defaults are correct, and turn AUTO FOUNDATIONS back on. If you have a lot of notes and things on the foundation plan, simply hold SHIFT and select everything (do this first)....now block it and CUT (cntl x). Once the foundation auto rebuilds, hit CNTL V and all your notes and things will be right back where you had them.

Joey - I gathered myself, took your instruction, and low an behold, it worked like a charm!  Thank you so much.