Colors changing from render view to ray trace

RL-inc

I have run into this quite often and have always kind of cheated with some adjusting of the image effects but I really want to understand the issue and solve the problem.

As you can see in the 2 attachments the colors on the model are changing drastically from the render view to the ray trace.

I have played with editing the color of the outside lighting and ambient lighting but still not getting an accurate color on the ray trace.

post-235-0-17304400-1464109671_thumb.png

post-235-0-01007500-1464109678_thumb.png

Must have stumped the audience on this one :P

Without seeing the plan and ray trace settings it's near impossible to tell exactly what's going on. There are various lighting and material settings that could come into play. Lighting intensity and lighting color both come to mind first though.

• Upvote 1

There could (and probably should) honestly be a whole separate forum for ray tracing. It's a complex art form and takes a lot of time and patience to master.

Great idea Michael. You should request that under suggestions. That would consolidate all of the knowledge and experiences concerning this and male it much easier for users to fond what they are looking for.

Graham

I realize that I'm not going to master ray tracing overnight but I have looked into many tutorials and can't seem to find any direction on color consistency between the render view and ray trace view.

Don't know where those salmon colors are coming from.

Here is a really vanilla 10 pass Ray Trace. Your special

siding texture didn't come thru with the plan but this should

get you pointed in the right direction.

Launch the Assistant. Outdoor/High Quality

In the Edit/Lighting bump the direct sunlight to 4.0

In Image Properties uncheck "Use Tone Mapping"

Image14_zpsmynhbol0.png

Rich gave you one possible solution.  There are probably many.  I just got back to my computer a little while ago and after taking a look at your plan, I have another...

As I suspected might be the case, your lighting intensities were all super high.  Turn them WAY down and your colors will start to match a lot better.  Just ran a quick test changing nothing but the lighting intensity.  Turned all 3 down to 0.5 and here's what I got (9 passes)...

post-46-0-46300800-1464154952_thumb.jpg

As always- thank you for the advice.

A combination of the two did the trick.

I will continue to work on the nuances of ray tracing for sure.

agreed that a separate forum for this would be a great idea.

post-235-0-51575700-1464181648_thumb.jpg