Foundation/Floor Height/Ceiling Height Issues

Fergie

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my foundation height, floor and ceiling heights.

I'm not sure where I went wrong. If I take a cross section view, my foundation floor heights are different. I had the foundation height set at a 9' wall height but it's not working out to that. I thought it should be 109 1/2" including the sill plate. It's not. If I look at the footings they're slightly off and not allowing me to select some of the settings due to the floor above?

It seems I have issues on first and 2nd floor as well. I have a 2 story living room that might be causing problems as well.

I'll attach the file.

I'm using x7

Thanks in advance for any input you have.

Bret FergusonRanch Walkout with Widows Walk.plan

You have some invisible walls below the observation room that can be removed.

As for the walkout. Those walls should really be pony walls so that the footings can be set below the frost line...if you have one. 

Yes, I haven't got that far yet regarding the pony wall. I had the invisible walls in there at one time because I was having an issue with the room below and was looking for a work around which I think is fixed now and just need to delete them. You guys are quick and don't miss much! Thank you!

I can not begin to decipher what is wrong.... I noticed you had wrong plate height in the niche, and the stairwell probably should have room divider

attachicon.gifRoomDivider.jpg

As far as CA 108" + 1 1/2" is fine, CA will place the sill.

Made those changes - Thank you!

You have some invisible walls below the observation room that can be removed.

As for the walkout. Those walls should really be pony walls so that the footings can be set below the frost line...if you have one. 

How did you get the foundation on the pony wall to drop? I tried to do that and it didn't work as it was working withing the height of the room?

How did you get the foundation on the pony wall to drop? I tried to do that and it didn't work as it was working withing the height of the room?

When in an elevation view, select the pony wall, when the temp dimensions pop up, set the depth to what is needed.