New Chief Architect 3D Viewer - for Mobile Devices

scottharris

Richard, I have an Iphone 6 Plus 128 GB and get the same error message...

This message isn't about how much hard drive space is on your device. This is message is about the memory (RAM) being used by the device. The iPhone 6 Plus has only 1 GB of RAM so large plans may have difficulty running. Try shutting down other apps on your phone and turning off Layers before exporting the plan from Chief.

This message isn't about how much hard drive space is on your device. This is message is about the memory (RAM) being used by the device. The iPhone 6 Plus has only 1 GB of RAM so large plans may have difficulty running. Try shutting down other apps on your phone and turning off Layers before exporting the plan from Chief.

This is a problem. The minimum required RAM is listed on Chief's website as 2GB. However, they also list a number of compatible devices that have only 1GB. (Like the iPad Mini 2) Which is it? If they truly need 2GB, then this app is useless to me.

This is a problem. The minimum required RAM is listed on Chief's website as 2GB. However, they also list a number of compatible devices that have only 1GB. (Like the iPad Mini 2) Which is it? If they truly need 2GB, then this app is useless to me.

Richard,

Thank you for your comment. 2GB of RAM is recommended. You will find devices with 1GB of RAM will work, but you may run into issues opening large plans, especially when switching to HD mode.

StevenK, I just purchased a 12.9" Ipad Pro 256GB that is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Will that be sufficient enough to work? Not very tech savy. lol

The 12" iPad Pro will be more than enough.  It has 4 GB of RAM. We have one in the office and 3D Viewer works great on it.

OK, so tried this out on my Android phone.  Works pretty good.  However, unless I missed something, if I send to a client to view, they have to create a chief log in, and enter a code.  Entering a code is fine, but why do they have to create a log in?  They should be able to enter the code only and be off and running.  It's an extra step that slows things down and I don't see the need for them to have any chief credentials.

I realize if I log in with my Chief credentials it's all there without the code and that is great.  But needs to be easier for the client to access.

Let me know if I'm missing something or did something wrong, or if you disagree with me?