Cross Section/Elevation Marker linked to Page Layout

EmmaCox

Go to solution Solved by Joe_Carrick,

When I use the cross section/elevation button it opens the specific cross section/elevation which is fine.  I then do the "send to layout" so that the elevation is linked from the drawing file to the page layout.

The problems I am having is when I go to delete the cross section/elevation off of the page layout it still shows the marker (the green section arrow that has a "v" on it and says "cross section no." under it) on the floor plan in the drawing file.  I tried clicking on the marker and deleting it but it won't, even when it's not linked to the page layout anymore.

Does anyone know why the marker won't delete off of the floor plan?

Emma,

You can't delete a camera callout if the view is open.  You can turn off the Layer so you don't see it.  Deleting the callout deletes the view - which you probably don't wan to do ;)

It would be much easier to help if you post the plan and layout so we can see what you have or don't have.

Joe,

How do I know what layer the callouts are on? There are no views open and it still won't let me delete the callout. The reason why I want to delete the callout is because for our preliminary stages we just quickly put the elevations on to the sheet layout that are linked back to the drawing file. After the preliminary stages the elevations need more detail so I draw them from scratch but now that I have deleted the elevations on the page layout, they still show the callouts on the floor plan.  

The photo shows the elevation callout/marker thing that I am trying to delete but when I click and press delete it stays there so my second option would be to turn off the layer but I don't know what layer it's on.

post-11505-0-32777800-1463685100_thumb.jpg

• Solution

There are 2 possible layers

Cameras, Inactive

Cameras, Labels

They could be "Locked" but one or the other is probably displayed.  IAE, you want to "Open" the Camera itself in the Plan View and change it to a "Callout" in order to have it display the Page, etc.

ps:  whenever you select an object Chief, there's a little square icon with an "O" in it on the edit toolbar.  You can see directly there what layers are associated with that object and turn them on or off.

• Upvote 1