Exporting a zoomable view....

rleader

I'm running X6 and would like to share a view via email that will permit zoomable viewing when opened. Any suggestions? I've tried the available formats in Export and none that I find permit zooming without distortion.

Thanks in advance.

Richard Leader

So, I'm not wanting to send a .plan file because the viewing party doesn't have Chief. I believe if I could export the view into a PDF file that would work. Not sure how to do that.

Thanks.

Richard

Well there are two ways to do this, if you are wanting them to view camera views, as in actually being able to zoom in close, you can have them download Chief Viewer from the CA website and have them view it that way if your comfortable with sending them your .Plan file. You can always export a current view by taking a wall elevation or cross section view or any view for that matter and export it as a jpg. file which is a picture file. However it most likely would not be to scale. I think the best way to do this is to take a cross section or wall elevation view and send to a layout page that is connected with your .Plan file, then adjust the drawing page setup which is under your file tab. Then under the same file tab, go to print, then to print to PDF and adjust your settings from there. Now if you are wanting the other party to be able to zoom into the PDF at a good resolution, I would make sure they have Adobe PDF Reader, which I believe is free from their website and you can zoom into the PDF.

With Win10 a 3DS works fair when opened in "3D builder" -allows zoom, rotate , can't figure out how to pan.

I've used 3ds from CA to turbocad to produce 3dPDF which allow all but I haven't figured out how to maintain textures in 3DPDF-may not be possible.

So, what has worked is: from the current view of my plan I select Print from the main menu. Then my non plotting printer shows up and I select: " Save as PDF" which leads to a selection of DPI and file naming and destination and Bingo I get a saved file in PDF which I can email and let others view as any other PDF and it's zoomable.

Thanks again to all.

Richard Leader