X8 Running really slow in 2D Plan view and Camera views

JACDESIGNER

No slowness here with the ellison plan and you can see my computer specs are fairly old. I am running Win 7.

possible fixes other than those already offered; it is related to win 10 but unlikely, you have a faulty component within you system, have you done a memory scan?

Ramcheck or similar name you have to download the program.

I would be looking closely at you system and setting as well as CA settings.

Sorry I had no real answer.

@ Dan Parker, for some reason your suggestion half way worked. I was able to boot into Chief faster than I ever have, Im guessing due to my 950 pro SSD. Though in plan view it still seems somewhat laggy in the startup portion of the plan and gets a little better after a couple of minutes. @ Joe, I went to the NCP and it was showing system recommended as my default setting for physx. Though strange, it was saying that the default physx gpu was the 980ti (2) while my monitors are plugged in via displayport into the #1 980ti. Im still trying to figure this stuff out, Im at a loss. @ Kiwideziner, I was wary about upgrading to windows 10 pro, but i figured the pro version ehhhh, it will be fine, Im sure chief is made for 10 pro. I have done a memory scan, even one i let run for over 12 hours, nothing bad was detected. My next thing to try is HDMI instead of Displayport, not sure if that will help though. And can someone tell me why my internet connection could have to do with my entire system and programs lagging so bad????

Two things you might try if you haven't already. One, set Chief as a program for custom 3D settings in NVidia control panel.

post-302-0-69625100-1463715029_thumb.png

I had severe slowdowns at one point and I emptied the windows temp file. Just selected everything and delete them all. There are 2 or 3 that won't delete and just hit skip. I do this every so often and it speeds things up.No idea why but it might help.

Please keep us posted on any progress.

Hi Larry, I did as you said, so I will see if anything changes. I would also appreciate if anyone has some screen grabs that they can share with me of your chosen Preferences inside X8 and also the Nvidia Control Panel 3D settings that works best for yall. Anything will help! Thanks guys!!

Just ran the plan on an integrated chip Intel HD3000, everything is fine. No lag, quick, fast and snappy in plan view and 3D camera. Using Windows 10 Pro. Given your system specs I would likely focus on the dual graphics card set-up and version X7 versus X8. If you still have X7 open it up and create a plan, if it runs as expected then open up X8 and replicate (do not upload the X7 plan) the same plan and see how it runs. Then load the X7 plan into X8 and see how it runs. Was there a difference between these? Let us know.

Graham

The network is accessed at boot time to determine if an online version of the startup options dialog is available, check for updates, and to update the security. Updating security also occurs occasionally while using the software.

Normally this should return fast so as to not interfere with your use of the application.

By disconnecting the network the application sees there is no network and moves on. However, if a network connection is available it will try, if nothing is getting back the network will wait until a timeout is reached before moving on.

Suspicions players here would be a router that filters based on application and or user agent.

We have had some large institutions in the past that filtered internet access based on user agent string, which as I understand, most likely changed from X7 to x8.

It's also possible a firewall software is doing something strange, or a network device is causing an issue. However, knowing that unplugging from the internet helped is a clue.

If you contact support again let them know what you discovered. That might get some ideas going on what we can do to diagnose the problem.