X8 Running really slow in 2D Plan view and Camera views

JACDESIGNER

Hey guys, my name is Aaron,  this is the first time ever posting on the forum, so bear with me. I started out in Home Designer Pro 2014 in late 2014 and it did pretty good for what I needed at that time and helped me teach myself the program. I then upgraded to X7 about 3-4 months ago and it also worked well for me and the system I am running it on. I waited until X8 got out of the beta version that was offered and then installed X8 full version. I have noticed significant slow down in ecspecially the 2d plan view and then it sometimes takes 10-15 seconds to activate any 3D camera. Im fairly familiar with most settings in Defaults and Preferences. Im not sure if it is something Im doing wrong or if its just the software. I have reported ever portion of slow down to tech support and am a SSA member and somewhat expect a little more out of them telling me that they arent sure whats going on, because they are not noticing any slow down in their systems. I can no way think that it has anything to do with my system I am running, unless yall can tell me different. See Computer specs below

This is a custom built system that my friend and I put together as a workstation for Chief. 

- Asus (X-99) 3.1 Deluxe MOBO

- Intel Core I7 5930K Processor @ 3.5 mhz

- 4X8 GB = 32 GB of Corsair DDR4 Dominator Platinum Ram

- Corsair H-110i Liquid Cooled CPU Radiator Fan

- 2 Gigabyte GTX 980TI Windforce MSI Gaming Series Stiff Bridge in SLI

- Corsair AX1200i Power Supply

- 1 Two TB Western Digital 6700 RPM Internal Hard Drive (Black Edition)

- 1 Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB

- Chassis is Corsair 760T with three default internal fans

- 2 LG Curved 34 inch Monitors connected by way of Display Port Cables to the GPUS

Guys Im trying to stay with Chief because I do like the program and it is the only architectural program I know, but myself and another business partner run three separate businesses and I DO NOT have time for losing any productivity or slow down - Hence, why I spent approximately $7,000.00 on this system - Ive started looking at Revit or Sketchup as options to have to learn a new program, but Im really not wanting to do that or have the time to do that. But I need more from Tech Support telling me that they dont know what is going on or that it might be fixed by the time Chief X9 comes out next year. "Are you Freaking Kidding Me" I dont see how Tech Support thinks that people can run a business like that and me as the consumer paying $300.00 a month or whatever it is to rent the program and this is what I get. Sorry guys just a TINY bit irritated. Is there anyone that can help me understand what is going on????

Hi Joe, yes this has been a problem in all plans since I have switched to X8, and excuse me for asking since this is my first time on the forum, how am I attaching this plan for you on here? I personally dont feel like they have a whole lot of symbols, I mean these houses are between 2500 to 4000 SF. 

1.  Close the Plan

2.  Use the "More Reply Options"

3.  Browse to the Plan - Open

4.  Attach this File.

If it's happening with all plans then I'm pretty sure it must be a setting in Preferences.  Check what you have in X7 vs X8. 

I tried it , no problem with your plan- with shadows, without, 2d 3d....

hard to say without sitting at your machine. You are running 64 bit not 32 right (not that should do it but well...)

I have no issues with X8 other than sending layouts with transparent fill to Bluebeam PDF (no problem printing those from within program itself though)

Joe, I have set all preferences to what tech support told me to do and still nothing helped. Can you explain the AV software stuff please?

I assume you have Anti-Virus Software on your System.  There should be a way to set "Exceptions" within that Software so that it will ignore Chief Architect X8 - or any other program that you fully trust.  You might also need to set it to ignore your Chief X8 Plan & Layout Folders/Files.

Check task manager and resource monitor, get Nvidia's GPU monitor to see what is happening there.
AND just for grins try connecting to a single monitor, and then connect to a single monitor with another type of cable (hdmi)

I've had issues in the past going through Display Port to a second screen-worth a shot.

And if you have any other GPU intensive software -is that working fine?

Joe, I used to have Avast but got rid of it now i just have windows defender and i just added the files to have them excluded also do yall have screen shots of what yalls preference settings are and if so could you share so i could try them out?