Roll-in Shower pans? Symbol anywhere?

KTKArch

Found a lot of nice points about roll-in shower drains in a few threads. Still looking for how to draw the pan itself in Chief. So that the structure and floor slopes are all in place too. Since the default shower pans in the libraries all have 2" thresholds one cannot just drop it in and place it 2" below the floor level. So what are your solutions? And is there a symbol out there I'm missing? 

Thanks.

Can you be a little more specific?  We do a lot of zero threshold trench drains but I personally never really model the sloped floor.  I just draw up CAD details as/if necessary and since I typically frame those details myself and/or line out one of my best guys to do it, I don't typically need much more than some arrows on the plan showing the slope. 

Having said that, I'm sure it can be done one way or another.  I would need to see a more specific idea of what you're talking about to advise though. 

These drains can create so many design opportunities

They are well documented on the website as well.

(If the website post is not allowed, search for FreeStyle Linear Drain)

http://noblecompany.com/products/freestyle-linear-drains

Toby

Toby,

Do you use that material from the noble company to do your shower pans? I haven't found a product on the market I trust yet because I have torn out a lot of badly installed showers. I always insist to hot mop and concrete float the pan and the walls. So I was just curious because this seems like one of the best systems that I have seen so far but it also looks like its more time consuming and more expensive than concrete. Not sure?

You need to make the shower a "room" so that you can lower the floor and have the framing somewhat correct. Use a sloped polysoild for floor. It takes 4 of them to create the slope from the corners to the center.

I agree with this. It is really easy to do and it will automatically frame accordingly for you floor framing when you do the sections. I have done it a few times with roll in showers.