Change ceiling heights in multiple rooms?

clfrycreative

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, and since I happened to run into it again on a day that I happen to be on the forum... how does one go about changing the ceiling heights in all of (or at least multiple) the rooms on a given floor? In this case, the first floor has a 9' plate and we need to raise everything to 10'... in the past I've opened each individual room, including every closet, dead space, etc, but it is very time consuming, especially on large plans. I've tried selecting all of the rooms and clicking "open", but when I go to "structure", the heights are greyed-out...

That did it.

So, for the scenario that I might want to do it for just part of the house, it still needs to be done for each room individually?

No. For that, use the Match Properties tool I previously mentioned. If you're not sure how, check "Help". Make the help files your friend. They're an invaluable ally.

What Happens if this house has a monolithic concrete floor slab that has already been built and you do not want to delete it? In this case multi select roof planes and move them up 1 foot.

If it is less than the entire floor, try pulling back the walls between the rooms you want to change the height in a few inches (making it one large room) then simply reconnect them when done.

That does work, for anyone unfamiliar with it though...

Just bear in mind that if you've customized floor coverings, moldings, wall coverings, etc. for those rooms then you'll have to redo all that work. 

What Happens if this house has a monolithic concrete floor slab that has already been built and you do not want to delete it? In this case multi select roof planes and move them up 1 foot.

I would not use this method as all the internal walls and the existing ceilings, etc. will not move up.

They will retain their existing heights.

If you don't want the slab to rebuild, turn off Auto Rebuild Foundation.

The best way to change some of the rooms, IMHO, is to use the Match Properties tool as Michael has suggested.

Change just 1 room to what you want.

Select that room.

Click Match Properties from the Edit toolbar.

Click Select All. OK.

Select Apply Properties from the Edit toolbar.

You can now "paint" those properties on to as many rooms as you want.