Ron:

it can be Chief

unless you become a wizard with stairs

just for fun - once you have the multi-story stairwell

with all its components created for railings and newels etc

pretend the client requests that it be moved to a new location

you'll really get frustrated then :(

Lew

I'm working with a man who has a 3-1/2 story townhouse. It's a pain doing the stairs when they're on top of each other. To make it worse, the floors heights are different and each set of stairs has 2 landings.

Thanks much Scott, Your efforts were gallant but proved my point. It took you 15:27. After 16 versions of Chief the programmers don't have a clue on how stairs are built. I'm at a loss as to why more people aren't frustrated with all these little things that don't work in Chief. My advice would be to fix this stuff and forget about making more features. 

I'm at a loss as to why more people aren't frustrated with all these little things that don't work in Chief. My advice would be to fix this stuff and forget about making more features

Ron:

I agree especially with the first part

I'm surprised that some users ever bothered upgrading from the first version

of Chief they started with

it must have been 'perfect" for them

Lew

Actually, I'd guess Chief's programmers are quite smart. When you can't get something to work in Chief, you get out another tool and you fix it. Do your stairs need to be perfect for a rendering or for construction documents? Custom stairs? Model them. Everything can't be a menu selection or a press of a button in life IMHO.

• Upvote 1

I'm startinf a 4 story townhouse and find the stairs from floor to floor a PITA. Is it me or Chief???????????????????

I'd be interested to know what specific issues you encountered.

Perhaps someone here knows an approach that would help.

A previous plan I worked on had stacked stairs from floors 1 to 3 with a stepped landing in each and I don't recall it being a terribly frustrating experience BUT it was a couple of years back.

Thanks!