2D fill pattern

JMorelli

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knows how to create the fill pattern used in the 'area of cut' shown in the attached plan. 

I had a go in photoshop but had no success. It's a bit outside my area of expertise

Thanks in advance!

post-430-0-11489200-1463371670_thumb.png

A closed polyline with a fill could show it. Do you want any fill pattern or something like the swirls on the picture? 

I'm specifically wanting to recreate the 'zigzag' pattern shown in the cut area. There's nothing in the chief library that replicates it and I've hunted around on a few websites that have fill patterns but can't find what I want 

I don't think that you will find a pattern that adapts to the perimeter shape as per your pic.

Patterns are regularly repeating and as such are uniform in the area they fill.

There is the Insulation box, but you can't edit the enclosing box to other than a rectangle.

You could use the Spline tool to draw it manually.

post-106-0-17323800-1463376451_thumb.jpg

I don't think that you will find a pattern that adapts to the perimeter shape as per your pic.

Patterns are regularly repeating and as such are uniform in the area they fill.

There is the Insulation box, but you can't edit the enclosing box to other than a rectangle.

You could use the Spline tool to draw it manually.

Not a bad idea. Could CAD block it and add to library. Would only need a little bit of tweaking then.