Pull out cabinets

K2BConcepts

I'm new to Chief Architect and still learning its abilities.  Is there a way to make a cabinet with a pullout that shows the vertical pullout door swing (see attached picture) in elevation with the pull or knob in the top center of the door such as a waste basket pullout or a pantry pullout?

post-10152-0-77737400-1463153525_thumb.jpg

This is something I personally have to draw up on almost every single job and no, its not something Chief can do automatically.  I have requested it in the past.  Maybe its time for another request.  You can address this one of a few ways...

1.  The best option in my opinion is to simply place the hardware "manually".  Drop a piece of hardware into a plan view and then adjust it in elevation views to get it where you want it.  Put it on a unique layer and just turn that layer off in your plan views.  You could either set the pullout to be a "Drawer - Panel" so you only have to set the on piece of hardware or you could set it as a "Drawer" and set both pieces of hardware manually. 

2.  Depending on the cabinet style and how you like them to display, you can stack 2 cabinets.  This way your lower drawer (the pullout) can have the handle placement set independent of the upper drawer.

3.  If all you have is a pullout (no drawer above) you can simply make it a drawer and set the hardware placement.  In this situation I guess it would be pretty automatic. 

Regardless of which method you used though I wouldn't set that item as a door like you did in the screenshot you posted but would set it as a drawer. 

Hope that helps.

in the dbx choose Hinge Bottom, then as Dave says just adjust the handle pull.

Dave

Good idea Dave! That's another good alternative assuming you don't want to show opening indicators. Never thought of doing that. Wasn't possible before X8. Thanks :)