Wall Height

Newbie1

So I am new to Chief and this is my first design. I have muddled my way through many problems and enjoyed every minute of it. I have found many of your posts to be helpful but I just cant find an answer for this one. I am wondering why the program will not allow me to build an 8' wall in the area of the cathedral ceiling? In the wall detail you can see that it adds 3 " to the wall height in that area and builds a platform for the second floor deck. The plan is a one story with second floor loft. What am I doing wrong? Also any other critique of the plan would be appreciated.

John Weidner

Premier X8

weidnerj100@att.net

Rainbow final 1.2.plan

Hey John,

You might want to be a little more specific on where you want your 8' wall to go??...

I'm not 100% if this answers your question, but one thing I've found with having just a random wall at 8' tall is that you have to edit the "attic wall" that gets drawn.

There will be a wall that gets drawn above your wall.  Just click on it in 3D view and delete it.  Then it will show another "extension" above your wall.  Just click the "extension" and drag the bottom up so you can't see it.

Then in an elevation make sure that your wall is 8' tall.

See attached.

post-237-0-60449500-1463094183_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-20327000-1463094189_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-35916200-1463094194_thumb.jpg

Rainbow final 1.2 - JRK.zip

Thanks

Sorry for not specifying which walls. I am referring to the exterior walls in the great room where the the cathedral ceiling is. Its hard to tell in 3D but those walls are 3" taller. You see this in the wall detail.

John Weidner

Premier X8