Different Wall Heights

English

I am doing a design for a contractor -- it's a story and a half with a bonus room over the garage with 5' knee walls at the ceiling break.  The bonus room gable roof planes (12/12) sit on the garage walls and in order to get enough ceiling height in the bonus room the contractor said to add 12" pony walls over those walls to raise the soffit height and thus the ridge height.

I'm not sure how to set the heights of the bonus room and garage.  Please look at the attached plan and let me know how to get what the contractor wants.  Look at the two screen shots to see where the knee walls are supposed to go.

Thanks

Alan

Edit

I should have added that it also raises the ceiling height in the dormer to match the rest of the second floor.

post-8283-0-52364900-1462904577_thumb.png

springfield 11 alt.plan

Select your roof planes from a 3D overview and click on the "Transform/Replicate" tool. Check the "move" box and enter 12" in the "Z" dimension.

I also use this method to get my cantilever trusses so that my bottom chord always sits at top of my top-plate.

Pretty sure there's a more elegant way to do this but it works for me...

I also use this method to drop my roofs over garages that stick past upper floors. I always hate it when there's an inordinate amount of wall between the top of my garage doors and its roof.