How to "explode" or "ungroup" imported skp models

scarles

Go to solution Solved by Greg_NY61,

I have imported several SKP files which have several models/components in the one SKP file. I can use them in my plans just fine - they rotate, etc. However, I cannot find a process to extract individual models/components for use. For example, I imported a SKP that has three individual pendant lights, but I only want one of those lights. I am using CA X8. Thanks!

• Solution

I have imported several SKP files which have several models/components in the one SKP file. I can use them in my plans just fine - they rotate, etc. However, I cannot find a process to extract individual models/components for use. For example, I imported a SKP that has three individual pendant lights, but I only want one of those lights. I am using CA X8. Thanks!

You have to bring them into Sketchup and ungroup them and save as individual components and import them into sketchup one at the time.

I was experimenting with this recently and it is possible to do in CA.  I found in a thread that you can open your collection and just before recreating a new symbol use the "Delete Surface" tool post-4797-0-27455100-1462730259.jpgto temporarly eliminate the items you don't want and then repeat.

... I found in a thread that you can open your collection and just before recreating a new symbol use the "Delete Surface"...

At what point is this in the import process? Because I don't see the option.

Got it. I can delete things, but as soon as I move them in the floor plan, they come back. Oh well, I just went ahead and got Sketchup, so I'll use that instead. Thanks for taking the time to answer, Chopsaw!