Walls Extend Below Floor

rdHobbyist

Hello, 

I'm a new hobbyist using Premier X7, so please forgive the absences of industry jargon.

I'm trying to create a shed and when I complete the shed outside walls, the two, last placed walls, extend below the floor. Any ideas why?

post-11808-0-01599200-1462649463_thumb.png

If you care to see walls that really extend below the floor take a look at this one. Tech Support has been working on this one for me forever now but if anyone else has seen this or cares to comment please do. 

post-4797-0-21349900-1462660108_thumb.jpg

If you care to see walls that really extend below the floor take a look at this one. Tech Support has been working on this one for me forever now but if anyone else has seen this or cares to comment please do.

Open wall and uncheck floor hangs on wall

Can you attach that plan?  I'm really curious.

This is how the wall above (as viewed from the outside) keeps framing. I know that I can manually straighten and reframe it but I would really like to know what is causing this. I think it must be somehow related to the foundation because the sill plate is sinking into the masonry at the same angle and I think there is no way to edit that. Strangely enough the subfloor does not follow this pattern. The adjoining wall on the left (of the Wall framing Detail) is also affected in a similar way but not the other two.

post-4797-0-92741900-1462684212_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm just out of my league here. I could probably build it faster in Maya...just don't know this software well enough. I've watched many, many tutorials, but perhaps there is a book that would be a better training tool?

I have attached the file here.

Shed.plan

1.  Change the Wall Type so that:

a.  The Foundation is built to Layer 3, not Layer 1

b.  The Bead Board Thickness is at least 7/16" - currently you have it set at 0"

2.  Build the Foundation. 

Here's a pic with Foundation and Roof

post-47-0-13313800-1463604102_thumb.jpg

• 7 years later...
1 hour ago, rwaldrondesigns said:

I'm having a similar problem, which makes it quite difficult to properly dimension interior elevations.My wall is drawn to be 82", but I can't get a proper dimension! Did we ever figure this out?

I am not sure your situation is unexpected.   It appears that the "railing" ? wall is building from the sub floor level  and your are dimensioning from the finished floor level.  It may just be a matter of adding 3/4" to your railing wall height.