New concrete slab to existing concrete slab

capitaldesigns

I'm new to Chief. I'm using X-8.

I'm working on my first project using Chief. The client is adding 4 small one story additions to a one story house.

The question I have is how do you draw the new concrete slab to the existing concrete slab?

The first thing I did was input the walls, roof planes, roof framing and foundation of the existing house. Then I input the walls of the 4 additions.

Then I manually added the roof planes of the new additions.

I then selected the build foundation command. This re-drew the entire foundation as if it were all new. Exterior footings of the existing house

that are now between the house and additions show as an interior footing. I want the line of the exterior edge of the existing house to still

show as a solid line, not a dashed line.

I also tried the slab with footing command. The problem there is that it adds footing on all sides of the slab where I only need the footings on the new

​exterior walls of the addition and not edge of the new slab that comes in contact with the existing house. I do need a 6"x6" thickened slab edge

where the new slab comes in contact with the existing slab. Another thing is I cannot change the size of each footing separately.

I attach the plan that I have been working on. I drew a partial foundation plan on how I would like to look.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

2016-14-5-6-2016.plan

Try the Slab footing wall tool, when connected to form a room, it will create a slab automatically. I wouldn't use the slab tool for that purpose, you can't adjust the footings independently.

Glenn,

That's exactly what I am looking for. 

I'm not familiar with Slab Pour Number and an auto mono slab.

I tried to look those up in Chief's reference manual and

on youtube. I did not find anything.

Do you know of any video's regarding slab pour

number an auto mono slab?

Thank You,

Mike

Mike,

Probably better to stick with the manual slabs that you have drawn already and don't worry about auto for this exercise.

I think an auto slab would have to be edited anyway.

Have a look at the attached plan.

on level zero, I manually drew 2 new footings abutting the kitchen and garage.

Size them as needed.

You can then specify the 4 footings and the slab to be Pour 2.

This separates that new slab from the existing slab.

2016-14-5-6-2016 GLENNS FOOTINGS.zip