Rafters not showing birdsmouth cuts

cjanderson66

Once again this might be a simple fix but I can't seem to figure it out.  I have my framing and i have made sure Automatic Bridsmouth is checked but when I do a backclipped cross section it is not showing my birdsmouth cut it shows it simply sitting on the outside edge of the wall like a truss would be.  Any ideas?  Picture attached

post-64-0-27339300-1462570396_thumb.png

I could very well be incorrect, but you may need to lower your roof planes for the size rafter you have.  Id select the roof planes and lower by the calculation correct to get your birds-mouth dimensions you want.   Essentially your baselines need to be lower for that (2x8?) to seat correctly on the top plate.

Someone is going to ask you post the plan....as there may be a better way to do what you want.

I could very well be incorrect, but you may need to lower your roof planes for the size rafter you have.  Id select the roof planes and lower by the calculation correct to get your birds-mouth dimensions you want.   Essentially your baselines need to be lower for that (2x8?) to seat correctly on the top plate.

Someone is going to ask you post the plan....as there may be a better way to do what you want.

Johnny, Yeah I don't want to lower my roof plane as it would not plane into the existing roof. This is not an individual occurrence it is on all the roofs I have drawn for this project.  There has to be another explanation.