Drywall missing on end of wall - why?

SNestor

Can someone tell me why the drywall on the end of the short wall disappears when I connect the wall to an "invisible" wall?

I've created the same space using one CA stock template plans...and the drywall stays in place.  So...maybe it's a preference of a wall definition...or something I've done.

I've attached the plan and a couple of pics...

Ranch Plan 050116.plan

post-227-0-26808300-1462384003_thumb.jpg

post-227-0-83867400-1462384019_thumb.jpg

Another question regarding the same plan as attached in the OP.

This has to do with "roof returns".  I've created manual roof returns on the front of the garage.  The garage roof is 12/12.  The roof returns are 8/12.  

When I pull the roof return up so that the roof abuts the gable end wall...I get a frieze board...but I lose the closed boxed end.  If I pull the roof away from the gable end I get the boxed end...but lose the frieze.  

Am I doing something wrong...or is this a quirk in CA?  Or...is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks again...

post-227-0-57552000-1462385720_thumb.jpg

post-227-0-11166000-1462385733_thumb.jpg

I recently tried to get rid of a end wall finish and tried the invisible wall connection trick without any success. Here is another post that I read at the time that might help. https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/7199-issue-with-suppressing-casing-and-sheetrock-wrapping-nub-walls/?hl=%2Bwall+%2Bwrap

What I did to show the framing was to frame the wall and then shorten it to expose the studs. Maybe try the opposite.

Can someone tell me why the drywall on the end of the short wall disappears when I connect the wall to an "invisible" wall?

I've created the same space using one CA stock template plans...and the drywall stays in place.  So...maybe it's a preference of a wall definition...or something I've done.

I've attached the plan and a couple of pics...

I believe the source of your problem is that dropped ceiling and the corresponding top section of wall that is automatically created (thereby changing the way that invisible wall works).  I just don't think the invisible wall method works very well in that situation.  I would use a Doorway. 

Just suppress the casing and Edit>Default Settings>Plan, check "Ignore Casing for Opening Resize".  Drag the doorway so that it fills the entire width, set the height appropriately, and I think you should be good to go.     

I believe the source of your problem is that dropped ceiling and the corresponding top section of wall that is automatically created (thereby changing the way that invisible wall works).  I just don't think the invisible wall method works very well in that situation.  I would use a Doorway. 

Just suppress the casing and Edit>Default Settings>Plan, check "Ignore Casing for Opening Resize".  Drag the doorway so that it fills the entire width, set the height appropriately, and I think you should be good to go.     

I'm 100% with Michael on this.

Thanks guys...that is the answer.  Just seems counterintuitive...

But...it works.