Plot Plan Dimensions

country

Is there some way to get the plot plan dimensions to display on the exterior of all sides? When I turn on display length, the right and bottom dimensions always default to the inside and they do not have handles to move them.

Do you display the line angle on the other side of the line?  If you have that data available from the survey it looks more professional and makes more sense with the default length measurement.  Just an idea that I have used in a pinch before when things get tight you can make a quick copy of the line and displayed measurements, shift or offset it, maybe rotate in your case when not using angles, and change the line style to that blank one about 2/3 rds. of the way down the list after the . . . . . .  line style.  Then just deselect Length and Angle on your original line.  Just remember that your survey is no longer "live" when you do that so be careful not to change anything after.   Or create your own text box, but I find the other way better.

Hope that helps if there are no other ideas.

post-4797-0-89317600-1462420252_thumb.png

My preliminary site was very simple on this job so I just used a closed poly and coverted it to a plot plan.  I see that polys also dimension on the inside and top of line at the right and bottom, so that must be the issue.  I will just redo using the site plan method but would have thought a plot plan would have all exterior dimensions.

Sorry, I was just trying to figure out another solution for you and realized that my suggestion to rotate does not work.  I have not used the "site plan method" for a while now and would be interested to know if you are able to get a different result that way.

It would appear I have to put them in manually (with an invisible line dimension as Chopsaw suggested) if I want them on the outside of the property lines. Side setbacks and existing tree locations are just too tight and the dimensions on the right side and bottom get in the way. I thought there would have been an ability to move/locate those dimensions just like regular dimensioning.