Door & Window Labels

English

I had my door and window labels to display their schedule number.  Now I'm trying to use the macro to show height width and type (%height%%width%%type_name%) but it defaults to schedule number.  How can I get it to show what the macro defines?
Thanks

Alan

Currently it's not possible to show both the Schedule Callout and the Label in the Plan simultaneously.  However, the %schedule_number% macro can be included in the Label.  If the Callout is turned off, the Label will then show that text.

It would be nice if both the Callout and the Label Text could b displayed at the same time (perhaps separate layers) but currently that's not possible.

Joe

I read in the CA Knowledge Base that adding that macro will display size and type.  I don't want the schedule callout -- just the size and type but it won't change-- keeps displaying callout.  I even went into  Defaults and changed all of them to %width%%height%%type_name% but it still shows the schedule callout.

Alan

post-8283-0-96768500-1462289382_thumb.pngpost-8283-0-41028500-1462289407_thumb.png

Currently it's not possible to show both the Schedule Callout and the Label in the Plan simultaneously........

I must be missing something,  I do this all the time....  however I do not get the circle around the window call out number.

post-50-0-66660400-1462294715_thumb.png

Scott,

You are getting the Schedule Number - but not the Callout.  Basically you've included the Schedule Number in the Label, suppressed the Callout --- the Label is what you're displaying.

It would be nice if we could display the "Callout" and also display the "Label" at the same time.

Scott,

You are getting the Schedule Number - but not the Callout.  Basically you've included the Schedule Number in the Label, suppressed the Callout --- the Label is what you're displaying.

It would be nice if we could display the "Callout" and also display the "Label" at the same time.

What is the call out?  is that the circle with the number in it?

Okay using the macro for the windows I can get it to show the width, height, type, and schedule number okay (28 52 Double Hung W12) for a 32" x 62" window.  However when I use the same macro for the door it shows 36 80 D15 for a 36" x 80" door but I need it to show 30 68 D15 the same dimension format as the windows. 

Any idea how I can do that.  Also the window label string gets too large so it would be nice to have the double hung to be just DH (as it does in the automatic label).  Any idea how to do that.

I'm not a macro expert so I was just using the item specific CA macros.

Many thanks

Alan

Thanks Eric.  I found out that %automatic_label% %schedule_number% gives me exactly what I need.  Still not sure why the very same macro %width% % height% returns different formats for windows and doors -- doesn't make sense.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

If you've created a door schedule and its buried somewhere in the plan, then the program will always override your %width% %height% door label macro and display an annoying label callout that it gets from that long forgotten schedule you created. Delete the schedule and your macros will magically reappear.

If you need the schedule in a layout, then create it, send to layout and go back to your plan and delete it.

(This drove me absolutely crazy one night)

I can't understand that if you uncheck "use callout for label" in the Door Schedule Defaults, the program should NOT use the damn labels when I have specified a bloody macro!!!!

I guess that's why they always tell us to set up our defaults BEFORE we draw a plan...

I knew it was my fault all along. But I do wish more of the default settings were "live" or retro active or if we could be given the choice.

• 4 years later...
On 5/8/2016 at 6:10 AM, English said:

Thanks Eric.  I found out that %automatic_label% %schedule_number% gives me exactly what I need.

thanks

I did something similar

[ %schedule_number%] %automatic_label%

for a different purpose. If a client wants to check window sizes, he can go around the plan view and check. But when he goes to order windows he needs a schedule