Intermediate VS Advance Classes

AlexAncon

Go to solution Solved by AlexAncon,

I have been using Chief since it came in a little box with a porch on the front about the size of a VHS tape but I know that it has capabilities far beyond those which I am using.  I wanted to find out if I should take the intermediate class or perhaps even the beginner class.  Unfortunately by the time I got a response back from the training department the intermediate class was full.  Have any of you taken these classes?  Will I be in too deep if I take the advanced class?  I have attached a plan set that pretty much shows my abilities.  And just for fun a couple shots of the house currently under construction.  We do design/build/interiors/logistics.

Brookshire Royal-Layout.pdf

post-4217-0-68194700-1462238783_thumb.jpg

post-4217-0-89958800-1462238797_thumb.jpg

• Solution

Thanks!  I just went to do that and the intermediate class is full and the advance class isn't there anymore.  I'm pretty aggravated about the way this training is handled.  It took way too long to get a response from them initially, they sent along a survey to determine ability (after my second request) then didn't reply with a suggestion until I have contacted three more times.  Now the class is full and the other option doesn't exist.  Considering how great the tech support guys have been over the years I am really surprised at how badly this has been handled.

Needless to say, no training again for now.

I took the Intermediate class twice almost a decade ago when CA was still working with regional distributors 

the first class was "lame" and was suppose to be for ver 10 but the instructor was still using ver 9.5

within half a day he was referring to me for many of the questions he couldn't answer

later that year I took the Intermediate class with Gary Doski and it was a fantastic class

I have no idea how the classes are with CA running them

I can only hope they are more consistent ...

if you are not well versed in the ins and outs of all that Chief has to offer

then I would suggest the Intermediate class

you could also check out classes with Dan Baumann at www.chiefexperts.com and David Potter

and some of the other independents

Lew

I taught seminar classes from 2001-2005, all levels and the hardest thing about seminars is they are geared to the slowest attendees, so bright ones get board and the slow ones got too much attention. It is a hard job to keep everyone happy. You follow an outline over two days. Advanced classes were my favorite because they are basically class originated Q and A, so there is more individual interest.

DJP