How do I create this type of eve in Chief?

4hotshoez

I may have found a way. It is not that easy, but not too hard.

Using 14/12 and 9/12 roofs and a soffit. Plumb eaves on both.

Draw the 14/12 roof on the outside wall edge as normal, but with the eave pulled back to the baseline.

Draw a temp wall 12" from out from the other or whatever the eave depth will be, but pull the eave back to its baseline too.

Set the top of fascia height to be the same for both roofs.

The 14/12 roof and its baseline may need to move out 2 1/2"

Join the roofs to get them aligned, then move the 14/12 roof edge back to its base line

For the roof soffit, use a cabinet soffit to be the same height of the roof fascia.

In Standard view you will not see any lines, but vector view(as shown) is not so clean. Elevations may need to be modified to look right.

Anyone have a simpler way?

post-2194-0-23100800-1462218417_thumb.png

You can see the drawing in my first attachment. The gable comes down to the eave with a dickey roof, Chief wants to make a parallel fascia to follow each roof as shown on the left detail, but I want the fascia at the base of the gable to flare out so the so the bottom for the steeper roof extends to the bottom of the soffit where the wall connects. While the top of the shallower roof will extend to the top of the fascia. As shown on the right detail.

I did not know that was possible. Where might I learn how to do that?

I'll try to make you a quick video if I can find a few minutes this afternoon.   Maybe post me a quick plan with just the basic dual pitch roof set up like you want it so I have something to start with. 

Todd, where did you see a roof like this? Are you trying to match existing roof on remodeling or this a new construction and they want it done this way?

This is the way I want it. I did see such a detail on Houzz.com