Door Stop Symbol

Joe_Carrick

Attached is a "Door Stop" that can be centered on a door and the wall to provide a better representation in both Plan and 3D Views.

I created the Symbol at 36" wide x 80" tall x 1-1/2" deep and assigned stretch planes so that the stops will remain as 1/2" thick even when the Symbol is resized. The 2D Block that's assigned to it will resize as well, but the thickness of the stops in Plan View will not keep that thickness.  IOW, if the Symbol is changed to 72" wide the stops will appear to be 1" thick in Plan View.  That can be fixed by creating a new CAD Block (with a different name and assigning it to the 72" wide Symbol.

Door Stop.calibz

post-47-0-03989300-1462024946_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-78944300-1462024971_thumb.jpg

Thanks Joe!

General Comment on terminology - For Your and Chief's Information:

A "door stop" down under in the land of Vegemite (a black extract paste produced from the waste of beer production - an acquired taste)

refers to a hardware item fixed to the floor or wall to stop the door putting a dent in the wall or damaging the door frame (hinges).

A "door stop trim" is the internal beading (timber for timber frames) that stops the door.

Hence, your title would be more easily recognized by Aussies and NZ if it read: " Door Stop Trim Symbol". :)

Thanks Joe!

General Comment on terminology - For Your and Chief's Information:

A "door stop" down under in the land of Vegemite (a black extract paste produced from the waste of beer production - an acquired taste)

refers to a hardware item fixed to the floor or wall to stop the door putting a dent in the wall or damaging the door frame (hinges).

A "door stop trim" is the internal beading (timber for timber frames) that stops the door.

Hence, your title would be more easily recognized by Aussies and NZ if it read: " Door Stop Trim Symbol". :)

Terminology is different depending on where you are.  Michael up in Alaska could I'm sure share some of the lingo of the far north. 

Terminology is different depending on where you are. Michael up in Alaska could I'm sure share some of the lingo of the far north.

So true :)

I'm sure we have some pretty oddball lingo, but I think the majority of our terms are pretty consistent with most west cost terminology. Most people here (myself included) would likely call that stuff door stop as well and then modify the term with "trim", "moulding", or some other term only if it seemed necessary. We would also call those doingy, rubber, or spring loaded things door stops as well. The difference is that I would order "a door stop" or "some door stops" when talking about the hardware but would order "some door stop", "200 lin. ft. of door stop" or " 10 sticks of door stop" when talking about the moulding.