Room Planner

mattyt12

I currently work for a builder based in Australia but also operate in New Zealand as well as the US. I currently have an X8 Premier licence but have also discovered that our main designer for the whole operation also uses Chief.

My current workflow has altered slightly to utilise Chiefs 3d capabilities where before I would still do bathroom/kitchen layouts in 2d CAD. As most of our clients are not experts in interpreting 2d plans, 3d visualisation is a really handy tool.

This got me thinking of the inter-operability of my chief plan files and the room planner app, this would be advantageous for both our clients as well as our supervisors on site.

My questions regarding the viability of this are as follows;

- Will clients/supervisors be able to upload files to the room planner app on their Ipad or device?

- Can camera views be setup and saved so I can steer them to what I want them to focus on?

- Are the rendering techniques used in premier available in the app as I find that vector view provides the most clarity

Hello Matty,

You can't import Chief Architect desktop plans into Room Planner (the reverse is true).  If you are in need of a viewer, you can download our free Client Viewer that will allow plans to be opened, viewed and notated.  Here is a link to the Client Viewer.  https://www.chiefarchitect.com/resources/viewerrequest.php

Feel free to contact our Sales Department should you have any questions.  sales@chiefarchitect.com  or 208-292-3400

Kind regards,

Derek

Chief Architect Sales

• 1 year later...

Has Room Planner been updated to allow us to import more than just walls into Chief Architect? I asked the question back in 2015 in RoomTalk, and there has been no response from Chief Arch folks. As a kitchen and bath designer, there is no point in me creating a new kitchen on the fly with my clients in Room Planner when I would have to re-draw in Chief. It would be so great if we could import the cabinets and fixtures as well as all of the interior details available in Room Planner into Chief Architect. Talk about saving time! 

No change as of yet, but hopefully sometime in the future.

I would also like to show property lines and measure to them

also outside movable measurements would be nice.. I really haven't seen any updates for room planner lately.

• 1 month later...

For what it’s worth I tried using room planner on a Reno project and never again. I purchased a blue tooth laser and a laptop stand and will never go back. My clients allow me however much time is needed to measure a single room are an entire house before I leave. When return to my desk the bulk of the work is done. I essentially have a completed model ready to start the Reno and details. I just find it so much easier and rarely do I have to return to secure additional information.