Wall ends unfinished

Pkbldr

Go to solution Solved by Pkbldr,

For some reason that I'm certain I must be overlooking my wall ends do not have drywall wrapping them. This is occurring on Interior walls as well as Half-walls. From my forum searches it seems I should expect to see them wrapped in camera views but not in plan view. I am seeing it in neither. (see attached)

Can someone explain this to me or am I just expecting something I'm not going to get at this time?

Thanks,

Toby

post-500-0-68935600-1399651426_thumb.jpg

• Solution

As an update and for the record; I sent the plan to Chief and apparently I'd somehow made multiple wall layers main layers and that was not allowing the drywall wrap behaviour. Not sure how/why I did that. Seems like it shouldn't be allowed, multiple main layers?

Changing to one main layer lets it wrap correctly.

Unfortunately correcting it at this point in this plan moves everything and throws off intersections and dimensions but it won't happen again I betcha.

Thanks for the help,

Toby

Multiple wall layers make certain things, like ICF, work really well.

Assuming we still can not get multiple framed walls in one defined wall......  wish we could have that......  one wall type with multiple wall layers that has stud framing.

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an old post but I have this issue as well  was their ever a solution?

priemerx7

Post your plan...or check your wall definition.  In my experience (and in this thread too if you read the "best answer"), these problems usually have to do with the way your wall layers are set up.

• 1 year later...

Thanks guys

That solved a mystery issue for me.

Unexpected findings: 

You can still have a wall layer that's effectively 0 thickness (e.g. a colour layer)

to do this, set the layer thickness to almost 0 (as small as 0.001mm) and it still displays fine in 3D. (The thickness value box will still display 0mm)

Cheers