Default Wall Heights?

Chopsaw

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

Can anyone remind me of what factors affect Default Wall Heights other than the room structure specifications on each side of the wall?  This might be rather simple but I have not figured it out yet and have several jobs with issues like this.

post-4797-0-74903500-1461782571_thumb.jpg

• Solution

That issue is being caused by your double wall.  The program is trying to build a floor structure at a different height under those double walls.  There are a couple possible solutions that come to mind depending on your end goal...

1.  Select those interior walls and set them as Furred Walls.

2.  Drag one of those interior walls away from the exterior wall, select the "room" that is created, check Default for the Floor Structure, and then drag it back.

There may be other solutions but hopefully that helps. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks Michael, 

Option 2 works for now, that was amazing.  I think that double wall will end up being "Split Framing". I did not know I had a room between my walls.

Many thanks,  Chopsaw.

Sorry about that but you are the first person to answer one of my posts, still learning the Forum. Can I give you 2 stars **?

No problemo.  Re: giving stars.  I know you probably just said that in fun, but you can actually give people "Reputation Points" when you find their posts helpful.  Just click the little UP arrow in the lower right corner of the post.  If you find the post extremely UNhelpful you can click the DOWN arrow.