Perspective full overview camera

Steve-C

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

Prior to X8 this camera view had a fixed point that stayed put when zooming or rotating. Now it seems to jump all over the place, so I'm constantly going back to plan view to center the camera in the plan. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Prior to X8 this camera view had a fixed point that stayed put when zooming or rotating. Now it seems to jump all over the place, so I'm constantly going back to plan view to center the camera in the plan. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Yes please,  ......  I think the answer we will get is when we zoom in and out,  in previous releases,  the camera stayed put but the focal angle changed,  now the CAMERA MOVES,  

I Think i liked how it worked before.

Anybody have any hints?

• Solution

Switch to Perspective Crop Mode under Camera View Options.  That will take you back to the way it was before.  If you're not in Perspective Crop Mode, the camera isn't simply jumping around its actually moving wherever you take it.  When you zoom in on something the camera is actually moving closer.  When you pan, the camera is moving over. 

Switch to Perspective Crop Mode under Camera View Options.  That will take you back to the way it was before.  If you're not in Perspective Crop Mode, the camera isn't simply jumping around its actually moving wherever you take it.  When you zoom in on something the camera is actually moving closer.  When you pan, the camera is moving over. 

Many thanks!

3D tab sir.

Thanks,  but it still does not work for me the way it did...  it works differently...  see the pic,  this is a camera overview and the "...CROP..."  option is greyed out.

If I do an interior shot...   again it does not work like it worked before  (camera stays in same location)

I will need to learn a different method.

post-50-0-84254700-1461782516_thumb.png

Thanks,  but it still does not work for me the way it did...  it works differently...  see the pic,  this is a camera overview and the "...CROP..."  option is greyed out.

If I do an interior shot...   again it does not work like it worked before  (camera stays in same location)

I will need to learn a different method.

Ahh...now an ORTHOGRAPHIC camera view is a different story.  I don't believe that works any differently than it ever has.  What are you experiencing that is different than it used to be?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

The steps to take are as follows:

If you take a 3D perspective camera view, then go to 3D> Camera View Options>Perspective Crop Mode, you will get the results you are after.

Best Regards,

Jodi W

Technical Support Analyst

Chief Architect

• 2 weeks later...

Do we have to do this every time we open a perspective overview?  Is there a way that we can make it default, and avoid the extra step?  When taking exterior shots, I prefer the crop mode.

Thanks,

Dru

Do we have to do this every time we open a perspective overview?  Is there a way that we can make it default, and avoid the extra step?  When taking exterior shots, I prefer the crop mode.

Thanks,

Dru

There doesn't seem to be a default setting for this (although I could be missing it).  You can simply hit the P button though to toggle the crop mode on and off.