BRICK LEDGE

nick66

I think what Johnny was mostly asking for was some clarification.  Maybe a sketch or screenshot of what you're talking about?  I for one don't really know what you're talking about.  There are brick ledges on slab foundations, brick ledges on standard foundation walls, brick ledges on wood beams, brick ledges on steel, brick ledges on concrete beams, etc...

There are post and beam foundation built entirely of wood, there are grade beam foundations with concrete grade beams built on piers or pilings...some of them may have standard foundation walls with a brick ledge, some may have a mono slab with a brick ledge...and those are just a few common residential details that come to mind...the list could easily go on.

We'll need some clarification to give you an answer.

What you have there is what I would call a monolithic slab foundation.  Just to give you the VERY basic basics...

You can build the foundation using the Build Foundation dbx.  Just select Monolithic Slab under Foundation Type...OR, you can build one manually using the slab footing tool to form an enclosed area. 

For the walls/rooms above...

-Make sure you check Monolithic Slab Foundation in the structure tab.post-46-0-13729300-1461776382_thumb.png

-The walls must have a brick material on the exterior. 

If both those conditions are met, you should get the ledge automatically and the height or vertical depth of that ledge is controlled here...

post-46-0-19047800-1461776471_thumb.png

When I selected the floor Supplied by Foundation below and monolithic slab on the floor above specification. My Auto Foundation rebuild corrected the model and kept the piers. It worked just like you suggested so everything's good now thank you so much