Dimensions off in Elevation

WhistlerBuilder

I am having a strange issue trying to dimension window sill heights in an elevation view. The heights are correct on the first floor, but the second floor mysteriously is adding 3/8" extra to the dimension. I have checked my baseline elevations and checked the window height in multiple sections and elevations and floor plans, the height is consistent across the plans but it is displaying an extra 3/8" in the elevation view.

Any suggestions?

See elevation 2, top right window on 2nd floor. Sill height should be 2' but it is displayed as 2' 3/8". I seem to encounter this issue often.

Spruce st House 6.plan

• Upvote 1

As Michael said your elevation dimension lines are off. Your second floor is also off exactly 3/8" from the default for the floor. your default shows 97 1/8" and your rooms are showing 96 3/4". Not sure how you guys in B.C. mark your elevations but we usually show the head height here. You could use the auto story pole dimensions and do all that. I am wondering how you are going to get any lintels above those windows if you have them at 96" to top. especially the 11' mulled unit.

Is there a way to change the default wall height? It seems to be set to 97 1/8" even after I have changed all the rooms to 96 3/4" Some windows are displaying at the proper height while others are not even on rooms that have the same floor height. This is very confusing that it would show some windows at the proper height while others are not within the same room.

Is there a way to change the default wall height? It seems to be set to 97 1/8" even after I have changed all the rooms to 96 3/4"

Yes there is. Go to the floor you want to affect and then go to Edit>Default Settings>Floor and change it there.

And BTW, thank you for posting the plan without being asked. You get a gold star (and a point) for that.

• Upvote 1