Plan to Build 3 Story home.

vickysgdps

Hello Friends, 

I am planing to build a home at my plot (Size: 8 Feet by 53 feet). i am plaining to build 3 story building at that plot not understand how i design in that Plot specially due to the width of plot is just 8 feet. 

Can any one suggest me to make floor plan along with staircase. 

post-11555-0-75716700-1461510807_thumb.jpg

Beldarichak1.pdf

I recommend that you get a wider lot. The first place to ask would be the permit authority where you own the property to see how the land is zoned and what restrictions exist for building there. Whatever you do must then meet building codes for that area. Do that before wasting time designing something that they will not allow to be built.

DJP

Take a look at motor home or camping trailer plans.

A spiral stair may fit.

In California, to go 30' up on an 8' pad would require

intensive engineered bracing.

Could you sell the land to a neighbor, or buy some from one ?

There are all sorts of creative things you can do to build a really cool 8 foot wide house. I think the real problem might be meeting code requirements though. That and being able to afford it. The costs per square foot is likely going to be quite a bit more.

If code isn't in issue and if you have the money, do a quick search of extremely narrow house and you'll probably come up with quite a few ideas. The stairs actually aren't that much of an issue. The real challenge is finding a good way to utilize every last cubic foot of space. Think multipurpose and hidden storage.

If its 8' then I would try and work with your neighbors to redistribute the block's property into a configuration that works better for everyone.  If you're neighbors property is 8'x53' then you should go to them and try and rearrange the property lines and perhaps look at a condominium division.  If three of you guys got together and placed your 8'x53x3 floors you'd end up with a way better plan for each of you.

If its infill then something like this might work.

http://www.blogto.com/city/2015/08/8_foot_wide_toronto_home_for_sale_for_750k/

:D with a 3' side yard setback, if so, you have 5' left, Not even a legal room size, plant a garden

Most likely that would be 8' with 3' setback on each side.... So house would have to be 2' wide - minus a 4 1/2"  for each wall  (in case he forgo better insulated 6 1/2" walls) would leave ppl with 1'-3" or 11" respectively for the interior width. Could also be hard to find 9" wide front door. Thinking of that coffin, is wider than that (avg coffin is 28" wide).

LOL Are you sure that your lot is 8' and not 8 meters (26.2 feet)?

It's most probably an urban plot of land with 0 side setback so he's probably fine there. I'm assuming neighbors on either side sandwiching him in. Northern European row housing I'm guessing. Would be nice to hear from OP again. I'm intrigued

Anyone notice he is in India? He may not have all the choices we have in the US... In third world countries zoning barely exists.. People are sold plots with no consideration of build-ability.. redefines "buyer beware"...

It is common to be sold land that is not legally owned by the seller with no recourse later..