Drawing complex Roof Flashing in 3D isometric view

InsideSquare

I want to draw and show a series of roof flashings. They will be made out of metal sheets and be about 1 mm thick and folded through a series of different angles. The exact look is not important, just a depiction of how the metal is folded and how it fits with other flashing's and fascia boards etc.

I have attempted to use the 3D polyline tool but have not been able to create 'folds' on more than one axis.

Attached is a generic example of what I'm trying to draw, (the blue part) has anyone got any ideas if this type of drawing can be achieved in Chief?

If not possible in Chief does anyone know a free or cheap peice of software that could achieve this?

Thanks

Craig

Roof Flashing example.tiff

Yes. That's definitely doable in Chief. Chief's primitive 3D modeling tools definitely take a bit of getting used to though. Sketchup would probably be the cheapest and easiest alternative for drawing a few details like that.

I would personally prefer to use Chief but I've also been using it quite a while and have gotten used to all the little idiosyncrasies.