Floor joist attached to a block wall

ACADuser

Turn off auto floor ceiling framing and just delete the joists you want. But you can't turn it on again, so do it when your close to finish. Are you sure there isn't a wall above those double joists? code bearing or not..

One thing Chief did was to put two extra joist under some walls.

How would I stop that?

We should be able to specify if we want one or two joist under wall,  I do not want to turn off auto framing to achieve this,  one day CA will give us this option....  hopefully...  we can not do this now.

Agreed, when you get the design just the way you want it, the client comes back and request moving a few exterior walls & then the auto regen would be a blessing BUT all your changes would be lost.

That's why so many people turn auto OFF once it is built the first time. Foundations & Roof are the same way for me. Auto one time only!

"How can I get web floor joist?"

Alan:

Like roof trusses, you have to draw them manually and then make/distribute copies as needed.  When you click on the "joist tool" there's an option to draw "floor/ceiling truss" in the drop down menu.  You have some control over how the floor trusses build via the dialog.

post-191-0-11514200-1461439905_thumb.jpg

Edit:  If what you meant was that you want "I-joists" to display, you just have to make sure that that is what you select for your joist type in the Floor Structure Definition:

post-191-0-28223700-1461440630_thumb.jpg

Wow your engineer is "one size fits all" kinda guy.

What happened to "review the plan & design to the load conditions found"?

I think I deleted 16 trusses in this project. None of them were necessary. I guess Chief adds them because it can not determine if they are load bearing or not.

Thanks Curt,

What I wanted was to have Chief auto build the floor system with trusses. It uses TJI's so why not Web Trusses?

Another option that would be goo is the swap out TJI's for web trusses globally. No way to to that That I have found.

It would also be nice to have the option to include a specifically defined opening area for ventilation/HVAC ducting in a floor truss.  Seems that several years ago there was a good thread on the subject and I remember experimenting with floor trusses but I am a little fuzzy about what the results of that thread were and/or what others were doing to display their floor trusses for ducting.  As near as I can tell right now, all we can do to Chief created floor trusses is edit their dimensions and then do a "force truss rebuild" in order for the edited size to get fixed for plan or other views.  I don't believe there's any way OTB to edit Chief floor truss webs (bracing) to create such a chase.

Wow your engineer is "one size fits all" kinda guy.

What happened to "review the plan & design to the load conditions found"?

I think I deleted 16 trusses in this project. None of them were necessary. I guess Chief adds them because it can not determine if they are load bearing or not.

No, he just builds better and I agree with him  .He reviews every plan, if you only knew. It's good practice. He also teaches the classes at Cal State Long Beach. and checks the engineer tests for licensing for the State of California.

Do you think I just go with what Chief gives me for framing, I don't think so. but I do like the double joists under all parallel walls