Stairs

builtright3

Hi Guy's!

Been out of the loop for a while with Chief. Busy life! Hope everyone is doing good and its good to be back on the drawing board again.

I'm having problems trying to get my stairs to work the way I want them. The on line videos aren't much help. I could use some advise and/or a video that would help.

This is a two story and I'm using half walls to follow the stair slope and I would like to mount the hand rail to the top of the walls.

Here is a picture of my mess and a picture of what I'm trying to achieve with the hand rails. And a plan attachment from Chief Version

post-2478-0-59912500-1461343716_thumb.png

post-2478-0-83562200-1461343736_thumb.png

.Plan Template Single Story X8.plan8

When all else fails, use the Word...

But when all else fails in Chief Architect, Use the Polyline.... I might be high in the sky...  Or on cloud nine....   Blue Crush.... Blowing in the wind.....

ok enough of that stuff...

--Dave

post-637-0-96450000-1461364376_thumb.jpg

I would do a plan save as, remove the stair walls and do a set of railing that are the proper height/style for above the railing walls, then set them to follow stairs. Turn these into symbols and place them back in the original plan on top of the stair walls. There was an entire thread a ways back that explained this technique. I think Scott or ? even did a video of putting a railing symbol above a low wall for a deck.